Coventry, Rhode Island swimming pool builders can work with you to have a swimming pool constructed and once you do you can enhance your workout routine. You already know that exercising in a swimming pool is a great way to get a good cardio workout without jarring your joints. Before you take on any new workout routine make certain you check with your doctor.
When you’re looking for a new way to workout, why not work on your abs while in the swimming pool. Here are some ideas passed along by your Coventry, RI swimming pool builder:
- Do leg lifts: Go to the deeper end of the swimming pool – making certain your head is above water. Perform leg lifts by lifting your legs one at a time toward your chest. Lift them as quickly as possible, keeping your back straight and your abs tight.
- Walk in the water. If you’re in the shallow end of the pool, walk back and forth, pulling your knee up toward your chest as you move.
- Treading water. Everyone remembers this exercise from swimming classes while you were in high school. They are a great workout. Go to the deep end and tread water for one minute. Take a break and then repeat five to ten times to build endurance. Make certain you keep your abs tight as you treat water.
- Grab the wall. Go to an area of the pool that’s deep enough so your feet don’t touch the ground. Hold onto the side of the pool wall and slowly lift your knees to your chest. Tighten your abs as you do this and repeat up to 20 times.
- Use the kickboard. Grab the kickboard and do the backstroke with it. Hold the kickboard to your chest, roll onto your back, keeping your thighs and feet as close to the surface of the water as possible.
You can even get your children involved in working out while in the pool. They’ll be having so much fun, they won’t even realize it is exercise!
Talk to your Coventry, RI swimming pool builder for other ideas on how to exercise in your swimming pool.